Monday, February 1, 2010

Bangsawan Laksama Cheng Ho

Bangsawan Laksamana Cheng Ho is traditional theater by ASWARA graduates from all faculities. this theater performed from 29 January to 31 January 2010 and every night shows is FULL HOUSE...!!! Congrat!!!

Two thing I don't like bout this theater :

First, the storyline. I don't think so that is the original story of Cheng Ho... I know that a storyline can be change during adaptation but this is traditional theater and not musical or modern theater. Traditional theater have to tells the history or legend correctly.

Second, the extra turn. For me, extra turn is quite annoying and destroy the whole mood of you. But what to do, this is the repertoire for Bangsawan (Malay Tradisional Theater)

But overall, I loves the setting and costumes as well especially the scene when a big ship arrive to the jetty. Really a gigantic setting. GREAT JOB!!!













**Credit to Kelly as the crew photographer**