Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Wayang Kulit


Wayang Kulit is really a very new stuff for me... I didn't see it before ... I didn't touch it before... But now, I have to learn everything about wayang kulit because wayang kulit is the compulsory subject in my university. I really have to work hard on this cause im still a newbie for this and have to do the best for the wayang kulit performance that is our final exam as well... so, last week... our Wayang Kulit's Master, Abang Kamarul have divided us on which classical instrument we play during the performance of wayang kulit... and guess what I got? I got CANANG. Do u guys have any idea about canang? Canang actually is an instrument with 2 metal plate that tie on a small rack and this instrument is very important for the music tempo... We have to master 8 tradition's song according to the wayang kulit's character for our final exam end of this sem... Hope I can do it!!!



...........This is what we called "Canang"

Our university's wayang kulit studio............

No comments: